Effective July 1, 2015, glass will no longer be accepted by Waste Industries. Read on...
The City of Hiram Community Salutes the Stars & Stripes with a Red, White & Boom Fireworks Celebration on Friday, July 3 2015, from 6pm to 10pm at Ben Hill Strickland Sr. Memorial Park in Hiram. Additional Info and Parking locations....
The City of Hiram will observe Independence Day on Friday, July 3, 2015. Hiram City Hall will be closed. The Police Department will remain open 24 hours. City Hall will reopen for business at 8:00am on Monday, July 6, 2015. Read on...
The Mayor and Council will hold the following meetings on July 7, 2015: The Work Session will begin at 6:00pm. The Public Hearings & Regular Session will begin at 7:00pm. These meetings will be held in the Hiram Community Center. Read on...
The City of Hiram will hold two Public Hearings on July 7, 2015 at 6:30 PM: 1) The first hearing will be for a Variance Application by RACETRAC and 2) the second hearing will be to consider an amendment to Special Use Permits for Zoning. Read on...
Paulding Family Connection Children's Cabinet will host a free backpack (and supply) giveaway event on July 20 at PB Ritch Middle School from 10am to 2pm. Read on...
The largest playground next to the park’s tennis courts will be closed from June 22nd for at least 60 days while new playground equipment and a new play surface are installed to ensure a safe environment for our children. Read on...
- FY2016 Adopted Budget Message Transmittal Letter( 06.25.2015)
- Press Release (06.24.2014) FY2016 Budget Adopted
- Press Release (06.19.2015) Red White and Boom
- Hiram Herald Summer 2015 Edition
- Press Release (05.14.2015) Special Needs Certification
- Press Release (04.27.2015) Hiram Hound Dog Park
- Sewer FAQs J
- Press Release (04.21.2015) Great American Cleanup
- Press Release (04.08.2015) Ground Breaking Ceremony
- Press Release 03.16.2015 Be Safe on St. Patricks Day
- Spring 2015 Hiram Herald
- Press Release (01.162015) Geyer Earns City Clerk Certification
- Press Release (01.13.2015) Opposition to State Transportation Tax
- Press Release (12 19 2014) Red Wagon Donation
- Press Release (12.19.2014) PRIDE Drivers Education
- Press Release (11.25.2014) Hiram Seeks Funding to Build Trails
- Press Release (11.25.2014) Hiram Sergeant Earns and Expert Designation
- Press Release (11.25.2014) LCI Conceptual Plan
- Press Release (10.23.2014) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
- Winter 2014 Herald Final
- Hiram Breaks Ground for its Downtown Sanitary Sewer Project
Hiram, Georgia – April 8, 2015 – At 6:00 pm on April 7, 2016, the Hiram City Council and their special guests officially broke ground for the sanitary sewer project that will service the immediate downtown Hiram area.
The location of the ground breaking was on the City’s 12 acres on the southwest side of the railroad tracks that run through its historic downtown. Although the sewer (gravity and force main) will run through South Forty Pass as well as along Main Street, the location of the ground breaking was in proximity of the lift station, the nerve center of the project.
The project is now underway being initiated by Croy Engineering. Stevenson and Palmer will be working concurrently and in conjunction with the lift station and force main with the gravity service line they have engineered. North Georgia Pipeline has been awarded the bid for the lift station and force main as well as other components of the project. Haren Construction was awarded the gravity service line portion of the project. The total cost of this project is $2.3M and is being funded using the City’s capital reserves. The project is expected to be completed around the middle of October of this year.
Paulding County will own the infrastructure which includes its maintenance and operation with the City facilitating the administrative aspect of its operation. This project has been pursued and initiated due to an expressed need by existing downtown businesses as well as the potential for future economic development within the immediate downtown area. Those who have the need or desire to access the sewer line will need to proceed with the process required by the Paulding County Water and Sewer Department which includes tap fees and ongoing sewer service billing. This information to include the rates may be located at http://www.paulding.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/153.